Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Pay-Toilets


An Irish airline (Ryanair) is considering charging people to use the airplane restroom. So in addition to the rising costs of tickets, the luggage fees, possible charges for can sodas, and now you will have to 'pay to pee'? Like many people in 2009, I don't carry cash and I especially don't carry change (it smells funny) - So what would they tell me to do when I have to use the restroom on a 4 hour flight and I don't have any cash?


For those that are interested, I will be protesting this proposed fee. Meet me in Dublin next Saturday. We will start with a 5 hour long restroom-free pub crawl and will then take a flight from Dublin to London on Ryanair. Please do not bring cash of any kind.

5 comments:

  1. I'll bring the ex-lax

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe it or not, most airlines no longer accept cash. You must have a drink coupon or pay with credit card. I guess they will pass out pee coupons, which means by 2012 they will be passing out "Mile High Coupons", and "I don't want to sit next to the fat guy that just ate pizza hut in the airport coupons". Please blog about the trials and tribulations of being married.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you are challenging me to find new and exciting ways to use that little bag in the seat back pocket in front of me...I accept.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel an invention coming on....the pee tag (not to be confused wtih the toll tag). Just swipe your pee tag as you enter. No need to handle smelly change. I'm a freakin genius!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Genius! Let me know if you need an investor Mr./Ms. Anonymous.

    ReplyDelete