One of Sarah's favorite topics, and mine. We talk a lot about personal responsibility, but what does that actually mean? The LiveStrong website has some great information about this. I copied and pasted the statements that really resonated with me.
'What is personal responsibility?
- Acknowledging that you are solely responsible for the choices in your life.
- Accepting that you are responsible for what you choose to feel or think.
- Accepting that you choose the direction for your life.
- Accepting that you cannot blame others for the choices you have made.
- Not feeling sorry for the "bum deal" you have been handed but taking hold of your life and giving it direction and reason.' --www.livestrong.com
There is a virus that affects the weak-minded. These people do not accept the very basic belief that they control their own destiny. Their situation is always someone else's fault, they are always the victim, and their circumstances are always to blame. You cannot control the life you are born into, but you can control the direction you head once you step foot into this world.