Friday, May 8, 2009
Open Mic Friday
Open Mic Friday. Speak your mind. Don't be afraid, we're in the tree of trust.
Some things on my mind:
1. I love Chuck Norris jokes. Thank you for the list Keith (under Texas Secession post), we enjoyed it last night at the bar.
2. I can't believe that GM and Chrysler are both going to file Chapter 11. We are living in a time that will go down in the history books.
3. I can't freaking wait for the river trip.
4. I had a client look at their new space plan and ask me why I put a toilet and a urinal in the men's restroom. I couldn't tell if he was joking so I played it safe and said that it was an industry standard. He then told me he thinks urinals are ridiculous and doesn't understand why people can't just pee into the toilet. He then instructed me to remove the urinal and replace it with a toilet. So now I have back to back mens and womens restrooms, each with two toilets, and there is not a urinal to be found. What makes it better is that he then asked me to put a private restroom in his office, like an executive crapper. So not only does this guy hate urinals, but he wants to make sure all of the guys in his office learn to live without urinals as well. My guess is that his next request will be to remove the sinks and replace those with toilets as well. I mean why can't people pee and wash their hands in the toilet, I just don't understand.
5. I love urinals. Less mess, easy clean up, and doubles as a toilet/bidet if you turn the other way. I would like to have one in my home some day.
6. I hate urinal cakes. They always smell disgusting (and don't get me started on the taste) and I hate that the inventor's felt the need to include a food reference when trying to describe their invention.
7. I'm really glad I figured out the spacing problem on the posts.