Thursday, June 11, 2009

Blogs


Brett is right, there are a ton of blogs out there. Millions of pages written by random people around the world, most of which don't really have a point. And most of which don't have any comments. Blogs are like all of the random and incomplete partial thoughts floating around in your head that you vomit all over the keyboard and post online for people to read. The problem is, nobody is reading it! I think that you should have to list it as a 'diary' until you actually get your first comment. Without people commenting and reading your blog, it's nothing more than you talking to an empty room.

On a related note, I think I'm against 'useful' blogs. If you have useful information then why the hell are you posting it on a blog? Launch a website or write a book. I think blogs should be reserved for posting of ideas, comments, opinions, stories, etc... I think having a consistent blog theme is ok, but people, let's please stay on track. Blogs are great because you can go to a random blog, read about a random topic or person's life, and then you're done. There is no story line, you don't have to see the last episode to understand this one, you don't have to know the characters mentioned, and you don't have to tune in next week if you don't feel like it. I've seen a few blogs where they just post a new picture they take each day or week and write a sentence comment about it. I like that. Simple. There isn't really a point and it's not really going anywhere. It just is what it is.

Upon further reflection, I think I might change the name of my blog to "A Very Serious Blog About Very Serious Things, sometimes and other times not."

4 comments:

  1. I really like this blog.
    www.legmyphoto.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I typed it in wrong....www.legomyphoto.wordpress.com. Sorry

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great blog and fits Jakes discription of a perfect blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really fantastic blog i ever seen. It focus on so many thing and gives a better idea to the people. I wish congratulation for posting such a beautiful blog. Keep bogging regularly. Thanks for the nice information.

    Come to Smooth Synergy® day spa in New York City to pamper your body, mind and spirit. The goal of Smooth. Synergy® day spa in New York City is to bring our clients the most innovative and effective medically proven treatments at an affordable price. It will radiate your true, natural beauty.laser hair removal Manhattan.

    ReplyDelete