Friday, June 5, 2009

Open Mic Friday


Friday is here again. The lines are open.

I found a cool lake house that is approximately halfway between Dallas and Houston on Lake Limestone (near Groesbeck). So it would be a shorter drive than going to the river and probably cheaper than the river (40-50/pp). I think it would be awesome to get a group of 40 people together for a weekend summer camp at this place. They have volleyball, horseshoes, basketball, a boat dock and slide into the lake, a big screen tv, his/her shower and locker rooms, tons of bunk beds, a wide open living game room with a bar and lots of large tables which would be perfect for playing some 42. Check out the link below and let me know what you think.

http://www.lagunajacksbeachresort.com/index.html.

After I wrote the above message I found an update...the people at the above place haven't replied to my email or returned my calls about available dates. So after looking further into it, I found the listing below. The freaking place is up for sale so perhaps they went under. They only want $1.4 million for it, so I was thinking it would be cool to get 40 people together and split the cost of it. Then we can all use it whenever we want. Each person only has to come up with $35,000.


12 comments:

  1. I am in.

    Lets find 80 people so that it is a little bit cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or better yet...let's all find 3 people to invest and then those three people will each find another three people....I think y'all know where I am headed with this. We will be making millions in no time!!

    I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so tired from playing so much volleyball last night, although it strangely feels like a hangover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in, although your second link is broken. I like Vanessa's idea...I am thinking Justin might want to get in on this too...just a hunch

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah, try copying and pasting the full address

    ReplyDelete
  6. jet skis, a ski boat, and a party barge are included in the price!

    ReplyDelete
  7. But if we are going to do this, no one can take out any debt, Jakes rules.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Which one is better:

    A) Call of Duty

    B) James Bond (N64 Style)

    C) Halo

    ReplyDelete
  9. On the River Trip (yes, I know I would know this if I had gone, but I didn't. I'm sorry) did Dylan mention the idea of an Assasins Game/Tournement? If not, here's a quick rundown. Everyone who wants to play is given a water gun and a target. Your job is to kill your target before you are killed by whoever has you as their target. There are rules about where and when you can kill and you can't call your target and say "let's eat lunch" and then when they meet you for lunch, shoot them. There's others, but what I need to know is; Who's interested? We're thinking that everyone put in $50 or so to buy the water guns and the remaineder goes to paying for an end of tournement party and a prize for the winner.

    ReplyDelete
  10. TournEment Casey? It's tournAment, you dumb bastard. Dude, you better get a clue right now.

    That is a pretty good idea though. I might be in. But only if I can get a laser sighted water gun.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My bad. I feel like a real horse's ass! But thank you Boss for helping to improve my written communication skills. Although a little abrasive in your word choice, your pointing out my spelling snafus will only make me better.

    See how that works, everyone?

    Also, no one said if they were in for the assassin game or not. What's up?

    ReplyDelete