I don't think its right how people have been criticizing Obama for winning the Peace Prize. Contrary to what the Obama-haters say, Obama wining the Nobel Peace Prize is a good thing.
1. It brings positive attention to our country after many years of failed foreign diplomacy during the Bush years.
2. It rewards the kinds of peaceful thoughts and intentions that Obama has started and encourages our country to continue moving forward with the same types of actions.
3. It also gives our country more leverage when we try and negotiate with the Iranians and N. Koreans over their nuclear weapons. If the world assumes we are doing this to help encourage a nuclear-free world instead of just trying to maintain our status as the only super-power then they are more likely to support our efforts.
1. I do agree it was a little early. And perhaps next year would have been more appropriate. But Obama did a good job of being humble when accepting it.
2. The people who give the awards have their own political motives for giving it to Obama but what do we care?
3. We look kind of hypocritical getting a peace award while we are fighting wars in 2 different countries. And on the brink of war with a few more.