Monday, December 21, 2009

Guest Post: 'Crazy People'


Guest Post by Sarah: "Crazy People"

I am so tired of hearing stories about crazy parents. For example, the mother who drown her children by pushing her car into a lake while the kids are strapped in the car seat, the parents who sold their 5 year girl to a prostitution ring, the mother that killed her baby and at its fingers and toes, and the latest, the parents that put 42 two inches nails into their 2 year olds body. Stories like these go on and on. Not only do I get upset with the parents for being bonkers, but I get really upset with our justice system.

All of these parents are arrested, put on trial, and usually plea insanity, drug abuse, or just guilty. Then they receive a sentence of life in prison or something, but rarely death. WHY?! Why do we waste our tax dollars and prison cells for these people?! They are a waste and I don’t understand why we feel we should be keeping then around. If they are indeed crazy, what good are they? Our country and planet is, or is becoming, over populated as it is. What is one less crazy in the world?

I understand that some people feel this is uncaring or inhumane to just say “get rid of them”/”. But I am sorry; there comes a point where enough is enough. They harmed a child that cannot defend themselves, and even worse they were their own children. I can even somewhat understand the post partum argument by the mother that drown three of her children and beat the other one to death with a rock to the head. I think post partum is a real issue and one that mothers and fathers need to be very aware of. But if a doctor sits you down and tells you and your husband that you have severe post partum after your third child and having a fourth child would be very dangerous maybe you shouldn’t have that fourth child.

For the record, I am not against crazy people or wish harm on them. I am just against crazy people that cause harm to children and/or people. For example, there is a homeless man that walks around downtown and talks to signs. I have no problem with him, and he seems to really enjoy his life. That is great! But if he tries to kill me or someone else over a sign or something I will have issues.

15 comments:

  1. I do agree Sarah, kill all the worthless. Slowly but surely you will all come around to my grand plan...

    Also, I am happy to proof any future Guest Posts so that you may avoid another situation like that first paragraph there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In all seriousness, this is a tough situation. The justice system is in place to protect the innocent, but unfortunately the blatantly guilty get the same rights. Giving people the death penalty would not even help, because it costs more money to kill someone than it does to put them in jail for life. How messed up is that?

    Our country has got to figure out how to start doing things more efficiently or we are going to drown of debt. Everything our government does just costs boatloads of money, and then to add insult to injury they usually do a terrible job to boot.

    This is why I am starting to lose my faith in democracy and especially the two-party system. Our "checks and balances" and our republican / democrat split seems to just keep our country from moving forward in a positive direction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brett is a libertarian!! Welcome aboard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No offense Jake but I have been claiming libertarianism for about 5 or 6 years now. But I am now finding my beliefs to lye somewhere between libertarian and anarchist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a firm believer if we increase punishment levels it will cut down on some crime. Its messed up that someone can get more jail time for possession of Marijuana then some who kills someone. I am glad I live in Texas and that we have the highest capital punishment rate in the nation times 2. Oh, and the crazy guy Robert at my corner is nice as long as you don't talk about his eye. Also, what was wrong with the first paragraph?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a post from Sarah:

    One for the “crazy people”: A bullet cost less than a $1 and a rope can’t be much more. Problem solved and less money spent.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah post two for Scare Tactics:

    I agree with you Jake. But unfortunately I don’t think it is if the bill will pass, but when. One of the reasons I didn’t vote for Obama was due to his stance on the health care issue. Has anyone been able to read any part of the bill? All I hear is small things here and there from the media. Does anyone know where to find more information on it? I get frustrated that what exactly is in the bill isn’t being shown to the public. At least to my knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Once again I think this problem could be solved with a required test to become parents. In fact let’s do a general aptitude test for everyone. If you can’t prove you are going to be a sane and productive member of society, who also remembers to use your blinkers when switching lanes, then you get shipped off….let’s say to Alaska or one of the Dakotas. All current politicians will also be relocated, regardless of how they do on the test.

    Kevin – Robert used to hang out by UH. His was my favorite homeless person and always very polite (I never talked to him regarding his eye)

    Sarah – to read the heath care bill (I am told it is actually less pages then the twilight series): http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h3200/show

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like I should start packing my bags, I never use my blinkers unless I am blinking then of course, I like for my car to match what I am doing. That may or may not coincide with me changing lanes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I 99% of the time use my blinkers...but I can't stand the people who turn on the hazard lights for rain, snow, wind, homeless people, because they are going to slow...basically everything but when the break down.

    I think she should ship them all to Alaska...that way they have to get through Canada before sneaking into the states again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Post Via Sarah:

    Thanks for the link V. I hope they have cliff notes for the 2,000+ page bill. I wish I would have had it for the books. I am still not finished, but I am still hoping Bella dies before it’s over! haha

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish somebody would ship me to Alaska...I hear it's beautiful up there!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kevin,
    I've discussed it with the others and we all agree (except Brett) that sometimes you speak for Sarah too often. She is a person and is entitled to her own voice just like the rest of us. We don't want to interfere in your relationship, but please just think about it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Agreed. Now we are all in agreement.

    ReplyDelete