I'm sure at one point or another most people have either been broken up with or have done the breaking. For some reason, people are never straightforward and honest about their reasons and always default to the same lines....especially women.
Below are a few examples of what people say with the translation of what they actually mean next to it....
1. It's not you, its me = You looked way more attractive when I was drunk
2. I just need some time to figure things out = You've really let yourself go
3. I think we just need a break = I'm already dating your friend
4. I really like you more as a friend = I can't stand you but still need a ride to work
5. I don't feel like our relationship is going anywhere = You work at a dead-end job and don't make enough money to take me the places I want to go and buy me the things I want
6. I just need some time to find myself = You are way too emotional and clingy, grow a pair
7. I just need to be alone for a little while = This commitment is smothering me and I want to go back to sleeping around